College Hospital’s Youth Services program is clinically designed for youth ages 13 – 17 who exhibit:
- Suicidal thoughts and actions
- Depressive symptoms
- Thought disorders
- Self-abusive behavior
- Oppositional defiant behavior
- Substance abuse
- Threatening and aggressive behavior
- Delinquency or truancy related to psychiatric problems
- Daily intensive treatment for the duration of a patient’s stay.
- A secured unit provides behavioral intervention to reinforce patient progress toward treatment goals.
- A multidisciplinary team including a psychiatrist, nurses, therapists, and trained mental health workers, direct the treatment focus on crisis intervention and stabilization.
- Daily group focus on communication and adaptive coping skills
- Family participation to enable all members to develop more effective ways of interacting.
- Patients are enabled to continue education while in treatment through a partnership with the local school district.
To help ensure the most positive outcome, our multidisciplinary team focuses on developing individualized after care plans. This process begins upon admission.