- College Hospital Intake/Crisis Line: 1-800-773-8001 (Orange County); 1-800-352-3301 (LA County) – https://collegehospitals.com/
- CA Youth Crisis Line: 1-800-843-5200 – https://calyouth.org/cycl/
- CDC National Hot-Line: 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) – https://www.cdc.gov/ – This is a federal, public health agency designated for health information and emergencies.
- Child Abuse Hot-Line: 1-714-940-1000 (Orange County); 1-800-540-4000 (LA County)
- Domestic Violence Services: 1-949-498-1511 (South Orange County); 1-714-935-7956 (North Orange County); 1-800-479-7328; Asian 1-800-339-3940
- Girls & Boys Town National Hot-Line: 1-800-448-3000 – https://teenlineonline.org/yyp/girls-boys-town-national-hotline/
- New Hope Suicide Hot-line: 1-714-639-4673 (Orange County); 1-310-391-1253 (LA, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties)
- The Trevor Helpline (24-hours/day): Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transsexual 1-866-488-7386 https://www.thetrevorproject.org – Hot-line is for crisis intervention and/or suicide prevention.
- 24-Hour National Runaway Safe Line (for youth to 24 years old): 1-800-999-9999
- Al-Anon: 1-800-356-9996 – Orange County 1-714-748-1113; LA County 1-818-760-7122; Riverside County/Inland Empire – 1-909-824-1516 – https://al-anon.org/
- Alcoholic Anonymous: 1-949-582-2697, 1-714-556-4555, 1-800-923-8722 (OC); 1-818-988-3001 (LA); 1-909-825-4700 (Riverside County/Inland Empire) – https://aa.org
- Cocaine Anonymous: 1-949-650-1011 (OC); 1-310-216-4444 (LA) – https://aa.org
- Families Anonymous (for Abuse): 1-800-736-9805 – familiesanonymous.org
- Marijuana Anonymous: 1-800-766-6779 – https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org
- Narcotics Anonymous: 1-714-590-2388 (OC); 1-818-997-3822 (LA) – https://na.org
- NAMI [mental health education, support groups, referrals]: 1-800-950-NAMI (6264); 1-714-544-8488 (Orange County) – https://www.nami.org
- Victims Anonymous (rape/incest): 1-714-957-2737 https://ggcity.org/police/victimwitness-assistance
- Recovery Options Treatment Facility (drug/alcohol): 1-800-662-2873 – Helps with resources for Medi-Cal clients and counseling services for private insurance.
- Info Link (community information referral line): 1-888-600-4357 (Orange County); 1-800-339-6993 (LA County) – Assists with food and financial services, military information and various housing options.
OUTPATIENT COUNSELING SERVICES
- Journeys Counseling Services: 1-714-957-1973 (Costa Mesa, Mission Viejo, Torrance)
- Mariposa Women and Family Center: 1-714-547-6494 (Orange)
- New Hope Crisis Counseling: 1-714-639-4673 (Santa Ana)
- Turning Point Center for Families: 1-714-547-8111 (Santa Ana)
- 1736 Family Crisis Center LA: 1-310-379-3620 (Culver City, Redondo, and Torrance). This center offers assistance with shelters for youth (10-17 years old) and adults, domestic violence help, veterans services, outpatient information, counseling and case management.
YOUTH SHELTER/SHORT-TERM RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS
- Boys Hope/Girls Hope of CA (long-term): 1-949-515-8833 – bhghsocal.org This facility offers homes for underprivileged children without the means for housing or schooling. This is a long-term support facility for children ages 12 to 18.
- Casa Youth Shelter: 1-714-995-8601 (Los Alamitos) – https://casayouthshelter.org This is a short-term youth shelter with family reunification for adolescents ages 12-17. Average stay is 2 to 3 weeks.
- 1736 Family Crisis Center (ages 10-17 and 18+): 1-310-379-3620 (Los Angeles)
- Waymakers Youth Shelter: 1-714-714-0780 (Tustin – https://waymakersoc.org/ – This is a temporary (1 month) treatment shelter with family reunification.
- County Access Hot-lines: 1-714-834-6900 (Orange County); 1-800-854-7771 (LA); 1-877-327-4747 (Ventura); 1-800-706-7500 (Riverside); 1-888-743-1478 (San Bernardino); 1-800-479-3339 (San Diego)
- Crisis Stabilization Unit: CHCM 1-714-834-6900 (Orange County) – This is for individuals who need care in under 24-hours, but are not acute for a hospital stay.
- LGBTQ Community Resources – https://www.cdc.gov/lgbthealth/youth-resources.htm
- Missing Children Help (24-hour hot-line): 1-800-843-5678 – https://www.missingkids.org/
- National Runaway Line: 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) – https://www.1800runaway.org/
- TASK: 1-866-828-8275 – https://taskca.org/ Assistance with an individualized education program (IEP) or special education for school.
- Anxiety Helper APP – https://www.simplemost.com/anxietyhelper – This APP assists individuals to obtain information on various mental illnesses, gives help finding resources, tools to cope with day to day life and assistance dealing with panic attacks.
- Better Stop APP – https://thebetterappcompany.com/app/suicide – for suicide prevention
- Head Space APP – https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app – This APP was created for guided meditation and mindfulness. The individual is taught skills for meditation and mindfulness in just a few minutes a day.
- My 3 APP – https://my3app.org/safety-planning/ – A safety network of communication for those feeling suicidal. This APP allows individuals to stay in touch with their network and also gives plans to stay safe.
- My Coping Plan APP – https://communityschools.caboces.org/resource/my-coping-plan-app – This APP helps with creating an individual coping plan, how to calm down and stay healthy.
- Not OK APP – notokapp.com – Provides immediate support from friends, family or support network.
- Stay Alive APP – https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk – This is a suicide prevention APP that can be personalized for each user.
- Teen Talk APP – tinyurl.com/TeenTalkApp – Vent, share or have support from a trained teenager.