|College Hospital’s DDMI Wings consist of multidisciplinary treatment teams dedicated to improving the quality of life of patients suffering from development disabilities, autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and mental health issues. College Hospital Cerritos offers two distinct units designed to separately treat adult and youth in a secure environment. (for Youth: Medi-Cal partial reimbursement may be available for Medical Necessity)||
Referrals available through The Regional Center and Department of Children and Family Services.
Service Code #700
The California Department of Developmental Services is the agency through which the State of California provides services and support to individuals with developmental disabilities.
These disabilities include mental retardation, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism and related conditions. Services are provide through state operated developmental centers and community facilities, and contracts with 21 nonprofit regional centers. The regional centers serve as a local resource to help find and access the services and supports available to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
Visit DDS on the web at http://www.dds.ca.gov or call (916) 654-1987 for more information regarding:
- Information About Services
- Who is Eligible For Services
- Information About DDS
- Directory of Regional Centers (view list here: https://www.dds.ca.gov/rc/)
DDMI Wings can assist with:
- Crisis beds; 5150-5250 involuntary hospitalization
- Voluntary hospitalization for escalating and at-risk behaviors, behavior/medication stabilization, medication titration
- Temporary conservatorship residence
- Temporary bed for clients waiting without appropriate placement, diagnosis and medication adjustments